Saturday, April 3, 2010

What is Easter to you? If you want to comment, answer that question. To me, Easter is the reason for life. Or I should say, what we celebrate at Easter. Without that, there would be no hope for any of us. But why did Christ come to the earth, spend 33 years here, and then let the people of that time kill him in the most torturous death devised at that time?? He knew exactly what was coming. In the garden, he prayed that this cup pass from him. But he still wanted God's will to be done. And not his. So, to end what seems to me to be a sort of wandering blog about Easter: What it means to me, is a head that was crushed and beaten for me. Hands and feet scarred by nails, a side slashed by a sword, and a chance to tell the world there is hope for them too. He went through the worst pain devised by man to save me. And that is more than I can comprehend. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. At any point in time he could have had the army of God backing him up. Instead he chose to love us more than his own life. Another thing that I find amazing is that he was totally a man. He had all the temptations that we go through, and yet he still stood firm. I wish that we all had that self control, but then we wouldn't have needed him to come at all. Anyway, my point is that Easter is really amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete